Most patients requesting Rhinoplasty feel their noses droop and are too large for their faces. In these instances a beautiful and natural result makes their whole face more attractive.
Nose surgery or rhinoplasty is the procedure will use to re-shape a woman's nose to give female the best size and shape for her face. Women tend to have a nasal tip that is more delicate and the transition from the forehead to the nasal root is more gentle.
Men's goals may include a more balanced nose, a rejuvenated face and a trimmer waistline. Nose surgery or rhinoplasty is the procedure will use to re-shape a man's nose so that it is the best size and shape for his face.
Revision rhinoplasty is a much more challenging operation than primary rhinoplasty. Revision Rhinoplasty refers to any Rhinoplasty that is done in order to revise or improve upon a previous Rhinoplasty surgery. It is also sometimes called Secondary Rhinoplasty. These revision procedures are done to correct cosmetic deficiencies and/or breathing concerns. Typically, revision rhinoplasty is more complex than the initial rhinoplasty surgery. Every case is different, and our doctors experience to handle any rhinoplasty revision situation.
Whether you are Hispanic, African-American, Asian, or Middle Eastern our doctors is quite experienced in performing rhinoplasty on all types of noses.
Am I a Candidate For Rhinoplasty Surgery?
Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures. People consider the nose to be the most prominent feature of the face. This distinction makes it natural for rhinoplasty, or “Nasal Sculpting.” Some patients seek rhinoplasty to improve an inherited characteristic such as a bump on the nose or to address deformities or breathing complications related to a nasal fracture. Some of the more common changes requested during rhinoplasty include the following:
- Remove a hump or bump
- Improve asymmetry or a crooked appearance
- Refine or narrow the tip
- Adjust the tip projection
- Reduce the nasal width
- Increase or decrease the overall size of the nose
- Reduce the size of the nostri
- To create a more attractive and better proportioned nose by changing the size or slope of the nose, shape of the tip, or span between the nostrils.
- To improve breathing capability and restore proper function.
- To improve overall self image.
Length of Procedure:
- Rhinoplasty can take from one to two hours depending on the complexity of the procedure.
- This surgery is done on an outpatient basis with general or local anesthesia. You will be able to rest following your surgery in the comfort of your own home.
- To improve overall self image.
Recovery & Aftercare:
- Patients may experience some degree of bruising and 1 swelling to progressively resolve over two to four weeks
- A splint will be placed on the outside of the nose and possibly on the inside as well. Both types of splints are used to protect the, now delicate, nasal structures.
- Bed rest the day of surgery is recommended.
- Limit activity for the next two days following surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activities for about four to six weeks.
- Return to work in about one to two weeks.
Nose surgery / Nose job
The nose is the most defining characteristic of the face. When beautiful, it highlights the eyes, the mouth, and the cheeks. When the nose is out of proportion, the whole face becomes less appealing. This is why a rhinoplasty can have such a huge effect on one’s appearance and self image.
Some dislike the nose they were born with or the way age has changed its shape and size. Others may be seeking to repair damage or distortion caused by prior surgery or injury. As the centerpiece of the face, even a slight alteration of the nose can greatly enhance one’s looks.
What to Expect
Board certified in Facial Plastic Surgery our doctors provides our patients with the highest level of training and expertise. Our surgical center uses the most advanced surgical techniques to scsulpt an attractive and natural appearing nose
Rhinoplasty, popularly known as "the nose job," Rhinoplasty, or surgery to reshape the nose, is one of the most common of all plastic surgery procedures You would be surprised how much a little thinning or up-turning of the nose can soften or balance a face. The introduction of advanced Rhinoplasty techniques has made it possible to achieve beautifully- pleasing outcomes.